moderated Re: Visited links on a website

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Brian. Clearing only the cache may not clear visited links. You might need to clear the browser history itself, and maybe even the saved web pages to clear visited links.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Visited links on a website

Marty,

One of the reasons I use third-party tools rather than a browser's built-in history clearing function is that they consistently give you much better control over exactly what aspects of history get deleted.   I like to clear browser cache on a regular basis, but leave pretty much all else unchanged.

If this is something you anticipate needing to do I would encourage you to take a look at Bleach Bit.  I used to say CCleaner but it seems that accessibility issues have become substantial.  I haven't yet played with Bleach Bit with a screen reader but the nature of it's UI (which is more in the style of "old Windows") makes me guess that it will probably be less problematic from an accessibility standpoint.

If there are any Bleach Bit users here who can attest to its accessibility, or problems with same, that would be good to know about.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.