moderated Re: JFW18 and Tabs within a Text Editor

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Kevin uses the editor Notepad Plus Plus (Notepad++.) that is not the editor that comes with Windows. I don't think Notepad has the capacity to show indentation, but somebody can correct me on that.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dani Pagador
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JFW18 and Tabs within a Text Editor

The Scripting manual has us working with the script manager in
Notepad. So … I'm assuming the text editor would be Notepad?

The manual has an HTM extension, and opens up in Explorer. I turned
the Indent setting on in the .htm file and didn't notice a difference
in JFW's announcement. All of the lines look like they start at the
left margin.

On 7/29/19, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@wi.rr.com> wrote:
What editor are you using? I use notepad++. I press the keys alt and the
delete key on the numpad. This tells me how far in it is from the left which
is the first number. In notepad++ it doesent tell you in inches. It would
say something like 150,235. Then when I want to go farther to the left I
tab, press the keys alt and delete key on the numpad and it will be a larger
number telling me it is indented farther to the left.