From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2019 and desktop shortcut keys

No bother.
I didn't realize the $90 subscription offer from Freedom Scientific wasn't good in Canada.
It sounds like you could be using one of the free screen readers when not using Jaws, which to avoid list administrative ire, I won't mention.
But for many things, yes, Jaws is still more powerful.

Perhaps you could still write Eric Damery at FS to say that in demo mode of Jaws 2019 your desktop shortcuts don't work. So far, none of their 100 or so beta testers can duplicate it and none of their tech staff can either. edamery@...

Thanks,
Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com “The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59