moderated Re: Jaws 2019 and desktop shortcut keys

David Csercsics

Yes, I am actually considering getting JAWS, I'm just trying to figure out what the best option is since I'm not in the US and they seem to be in some weird mode where they're changing their licenses, so I'm wondering what the most future proof option is as well as if it is worth the investment, which I think it may be given that I usually prefer braille, and their braille support is very good. Also I'm the sort that likes to tweak the hell out of things, so it may be worth the trouble for that as well, but I'm just exploring things right now. It's jut that the economics doesn't make sense at this point, because I'm not sure what's going on with their licenses, but I'm interested in testing to make sure that anyone who needs screen reading can get the functions they need. That's why I joined the list. I'd be happy to test betas because I have the time, and I'm not particularly loyal to any screen readers or brands in general, I'm just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. But I'll contact Freedom Scientific and see what they can tell me.