moderated Re: New Dropbox Navigation

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Curtis/all,

They seem to. I lost a vital file the other day and, since I have everything of importance on dropbox, I wanted to trace my deleted files. I went into my dropbox account, but when files turned up, I was unable to trace the “show deleted files” option, I used to find. It was frustrating, but fortunatel for me, it occurred to me that the actual file on my dropbox files, I mean the ones I access straight by entering from the desktop icon, had a rather altered name, and I thus got to it within seconds. Nothing had disappeared, but who knows if I will be able to trace the deleted files next time.

Cheers,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Curtis Delzer
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Dropbox Navigation

I did not ssee that option in the general menu. hmm! are they changing again, this is the 25th of July now? :)

Curtis Delzer 
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 7/17/2019 5:36 PM, Mike B wrote:

Howdy All,

I just ran into an issue with Dropbox where it wouldn't let me acces my files.  Well, it turned out that it wanted to update and after downloading the installer and reinstalling Dropbox navigating the folders flat out sucked, so here's how to change the necessary setting for easier navigation.

1. Open Dropbox from the system tray, tab to, Access and Manage your Dropbox settings button, and press enter.

2. Now tab to, Preferences, and press enter.

3. On the General tab, tab to the, Open folders in Dropbox combobox, open this combobox and choose the, Explorer, option.  With Jaws you can open this combobox with Alt + down arrow and then up arrow to the Explorer option and press enter to close the combobox.  Now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close preferences.

Note:  This can act a little tricky so it might take a couple of attempts to get the Explorer settings change to stick.

If you have a shortcut key that opens Dropbox options, after you openDropbox up arrow to, Preferences, press enter and follow step 3 from above.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.