moderated Re: JAWS 19 installation on windows 10

Zel Iscel

Does the computer have an Intel Graphic card?

I’ve recently found out that Intel graphics sits over the processor and can disrupt the running of other big software like Jaws. I’ve been advised to get a computer with NVIDIA or MDA intel which operates independently from the processor.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, 25 July 2019 11:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 19 installation on windows 10

It is an HP EliteDesk 800 Mini PC and I have 2 of them, only difference is that one has an I5 CPU (the one where Jaws doesn’t read Settings etc.) and the other has an I7 CPU. Both of them are sixth generation and the specs otherwise are identical. Software is very much the same and Jaws first read everything fine when I installed Windows 10 Professional on these last year in April. These systems still came with Windows 7 at the time (a Windows 10 license downgraded to Windows 7) and I did a completely new install of Windows 10 from USB media, e.g. deleted all partitions, created new partitions and formatted the SSD drives, then installed Windows 10, afterwards I installed all my applications and Jaws. Both systems run Office via Office 365 download, my Microsoft point of sale software (they are both computers used in my retail store) and I have dealt with Jaws elevated support on this last year with no success. The computer where this is happening is our main register and I don’t use it all that much since it is mostly my sighted staff using it and I have simply put up with it for now using Narrator if I need to do anything in Settings. It would be too much work for me at this point to wipe this system clean and reinstall Windows on it, it has a plug-in from my credit card processor installed to connect our point of sale system with their PinPad and all in all it’s just to o disruptive right now to do this.