From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, 25 July 2019 10:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 19 installation on windows 10

Hi Meesha,

Yes, unfortunately I have the same issue on one of my work PC’s, I can use any application just fine, but Jaws will not speak in the Windows search box, the start menu, the Settings app, control Panel, Calculator and other Windows applications.

I an on the Jaws beta team and know a few others have also experienced this, but it seems to be rare and an illusive issue to fix, for me this started over a year ago on this one PC and so far no Windows update, Jaws update, Windows repair or Jaws repair/reinstallation has fixed it. I am convinced that unfortunately the only way to fix this would be to reinstall Windows absolutely fresh and from scratch.

I am running the current Beta version of Jaws, but I think the June update already included an alternative way to display the start menu and for me Jaws now reads the start menu on this machine, but still not the Settings app, Windows search box or Calculator.

Open Jaws Settings Centre with Jaws Key + 6 on the number row, make sure default settings are loaded by pressing Control + Shift + D, then type “access” in the search box. Tab once and you should have 3 search results, one of them is the following:

Start menu: Access Out-of-Process not checked

Check that and tab to OK and save the new setting, then try the start menu.

Sorry I can’t provide an actual solution/fix for it, but so far I don’t think there is one except to reinstall Windows 10, then reinstall Jaws, all your applications and put back your data from backup.

Best regards,

Sieghard

In the June update of Jaws

have also