moderated Re: Microsoft notifications

Les Kriegler

Rick,

I don't think it's necessarily gremlins. For many years, Jaws never found the Desktop when closing an application. While it's better than it was, I donT always land on the desktop. In fact, I get the New Notification message often. I just hit Windows-d and always focus is brought to the desktop.

Les

On Jul 25, 2019 6:58 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Randy,

I now truly believe my pc has gremlins hidden within.

Yesterday, while at work and on this desk top pc running windows 10 and jaws 2019. I could be closing any Microsoft application, including internet explorer, outlook, word and ExCell, when I would close the program, I would hear “new notification”. I could not find any notification with either cursor, jaws/pc/touch cursors.

Today, I turn on my pc and have forgotten about this, opening and closing various programs previously mentioned. Until I find your message here in Outlook, I had forgotten about this issue experienced all day yesterday. I began opening and closing these various troubled programs and nothing. No more “new notification” alerts.

So, the gremlins are sleeping in obvously and the problem has mysteriously moved on.

Thanks for the note and if this returns, I’ll be back hoping to find a resolution.

Rickpc/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft notifications

Hi Rick, sorry to hear you're still having all kinds of trouble. Although I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say maybe can we freeze it? :-)

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique

On Jul 24, 2019, at 6:24 PM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Since I did that jaws repair, I have so many things different. One of the newest, as I close any Microsoft program, word, xcell or any browser, even firefox... I get some sort of notification that you cannot alt F4 to close, you just alt tab to another item open on the task bar and it disappears. I am not even able to know what is being said. So, how do I turn off these notifications? Within basic of jaws options, menu and control help is off and access key is also off.

Thanks for putting up with me... uhg!

Rick

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.