moderated Re: Kitchensinc games

JM Casey

Yes, there are certainly differences, but downward compatibility is definitely a major concern in this operating system. I'm not only assuming, but basing it upon all my personal experience with this operating system so far, which tells me that, though you may have to do a bit of tweaking, almost everything short of old Dos programmes can be made to work.
Nevertheless, try installing them on your Windows 10 machine; see what happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: July 24, 2019 5:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kitchensinc games

Not necessarily.?? Windows 10 is a completely different animal than its predecessors.?? You downloaded the KitchensInc games from Bryan Smart's site, which, unfortunately, is apparently gone.?? Who knows what he did to get them to work with Windows 10??? Has anyone downloaded these games from Jim Kitchen's original site and gotten them to work successfully with Windows 10??? I'm pretty sure the games on this site were designed to work only with Windows 7 and earlier, and you cannot assume that a program that works with Windows 7 will work with Windows 10 without modification.

Gerald

On 7/24/2019 5:17 PM, JM Casey wrote:
So, I only got these a couple of years ago on my Windows 10 box. Seems I downloaded the versions provided on Brian Smart's site. But, I'm not really sure that much was done with them. I think they're the most recent versions by Kitchen himself. Maybe the menu programme is new, and they are voiced by Microsoft David, in my case, but it's probably the Sapi voice that was also available in Windows 7.
So, while I???m not 100% certain/wouldn't bank a ton of money on it, I'm willing to suppose that if you have something that works in Windows 7, you should be able to get it to work with 10 also. Windows is pretty downward compatible in general. I know some people have had trouble with games using directx, but even then, a little searching on the internet will usually provide all the components you need.

The games are all right; not too stimulating to me for the most part, but the baseball game is ... oddly relaxing.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: July 24, 2019 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Kitchensinc games

this maybe a long shot, but the battleship game is not announcing the coordinates as my sister moves about the grid. does anyone know of a fix or can suggest how to maybe fix this issue?

also would like to know if the games have been ported to work in
Windows
10 so I can install the games when I finally upgrade?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.