From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: July 24, 2019 5:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kitchensinc games

Not necessarily.?? Windows 10 is a completely different animal than its predecessors.?? You downloaded the KitchensInc games from Bryan Smart's site, which, unfortunately, is apparently gone.?? Who knows what he did to get them to work with Windows 10??? Has anyone downloaded these games from Jim Kitchen's original site and gotten them to work successfully with Windows 10??? I'm pretty sure the games on this site were designed to work only with Windows 7 and earlier, and you cannot assume that a program that works with Windows 7 will work with Windows 10 without modification.

Gerald

On 7/24/2019 5:17 PM, JM Casey wrote:
So, I only got these a couple of years ago on my Windows 10 box. Seems I downloaded the versions provided on Brian Smart's site. But, I'm not really sure that much was done with them. I think they're the most recent versions by Kitchen himself. Maybe the menu programme is new, and they are voiced by Microsoft David, in my case, but it's probably the Sapi voice that was also available in Windows 7.
So, while I???m not 100% certain/wouldn't bank a ton of money on it, I'm willing to suppose that if you have something that works in Windows 7, you should be able to get it to work with 10 also. Windows is pretty downward compatible in general. I know some people have had trouble with games using directx, but even then, a little searching on the internet will usually provide all the components you need.

The games are all right; not too stimulating to me for the most part, but the baseball game is ... oddly relaxing.