moderated Re: Kitchensinc games

JM Casey

Sure. They work ok, except for the Battleship game, which I never got going because it crashes with an error when trying to set up the board, at least, on my machine.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: July 24, 2019 5:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kitchensinc games

Has anyone downloaded and actually tried these games?  I loved the old games when I could play them before w10.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

On 7/24/2019 4:11 PM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

I did a little research and discovered that someone named Bryan Smart modified the KitchenSinc suite of games to work with Windows 10 shortly after Jim passed away four years ago, and posted them on his web site.?? But I tried to visit this site, and it appears that it has been taken down, so it looks like there is currently no way to download Windows 10 versions of KitchenSinc games, unless there is another web site somewhere else:

https://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=13307

Gerald

On 7/24/2019 3:14 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I didn't make myself very clear, but the link I sent is to the Windows 10 version. I wish I could remember the name of the person who did them.

I knew Jim for a long time and played chess with him via email.

If you play the baseball game, you may recognize my name.

Later,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."??

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

??

On Jul 24, 2019, at 11:01 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

My understanding is thatJim Kitchen passed away before he had an opportunity to modify his suite of games to work with Windows 10.?? If somebody else modified them to work with Windows 10, I would certainly be interested in the web site where they can be downloaded.

Gerald

On 7/24/2019 12:50 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I don't have an answer yet for the issue since I am at work.

But, someone did produce them for Windows 10.

When I get home I will see if I can duplicate the issue.

Here is the link to an archive of Jim's games:

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."??

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

??

On Jul 24, 2019, at 7:56 AM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

this maybe a long shot, but the battleship game is not announcing the
coordinates as my sister moves about the grid. does anyone know of a fix
or can suggest
how to maybe fix this issue?

also would like to know if the games have been ported to work in Windows
10 so I can install the games when I finally upgrade?