Sorry Rick but I can and always have been able to arrow character by character  through links.

Something is definitely wrong with your Jaws install. Did you do a repair or try jaws 17? To help any more we really need to do this for troubleshooting your issues.

Jaws 2018 was a major redesign of how jaws interacts with windows and browsers so sometimes 17 will work when newer versions wont. Although at this point it is most likely a corrupt jaws install.

On 7/23/2019 7:05 AM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Hi Richard, Again, I have the smart navigation box un-checked... This also began with my headache with indeed.com... no ideas...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: what setting is needed to read links character by character

I think you nailed it. I'm not using Smart Navigation mode and I can simply use the standard arrow keys to read links character by character.

Jaws 2019 Windows 10.
Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com “The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59