moderated Re: Jaws 2019 blocking desktop shortcut keystrokes

Randy Barnett

Well it is happening with NVDA and Narrator too... So it may be more complicated then that.

On 7/21/2019 10:23 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
In my case, I'm the only user, and am on the one account, which has full administrative rights.
Since the shortcuts work with Jaws 2018, but not 2019, this is definitely a Jaws issue.

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)
www.turner42.com

On Jul 21, 2019, at 10:21 AM, netbat66 <netbat66@...> wrote:

are you logging on as a standard user?
i am finding that icon shortcuts i make or change will not work unless i log on as the administrator. then the icon shortcuts i make will stick and work on the icons when i log back on as a standard user.

-----Original Message----- From: ann
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2019 blocking desktop shortcut keystrokes

Hi,

I am also having this problem, but i'm not sure if it is due to the latest version of Jaws. It also happens with Narrator and NVDA.

I also can't seem to create a shortcut hotkey or at least not the one I want to create. For instance, pressing Alt+Enter to get in to a shortcut properties, then tabbing to the Hotkey field, and when I enter the Hotkey sequence of
alt+Shift+Control+f, then Apply it and press Ok. I go back to check and the Hotkey has not been created at all.

I wonder if it is some kind of weird annoying Windows 10 Home security issue that is causing all these problems?
I am running latest version of Windows 10 Home.

~Ann

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 12:42 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

Another odd thing is using the bypass key, insert+3 doesn’t work either.

It is like Jaws 2019 on Windows 10 home just simply blocks those desktop shortcut keys.

Richard

Check out my web site at: https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cedb11ef4922d42dcc87b08d70dffe129%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636993264946693313&amp;sdata=a0%2FO9SX4ajmdFTP32blALZ%2B4AAoHv%2F0mVo6VO%2FEkYfk%3D&amp;reserved=0

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59