moderated Re: How do I access what JAWS/Narrator says is "new notification"?

Randy Barnett

Yes, very annoying, Google has started using the alert center to push ads if you have Chrome installed.

Go to settings center then notifications and turn off anything you don't want to hear about.

On 7/21/2019 3:33 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

Sometimes there are notifications that don't show up in the Windows Actions Center. Sometimes I hear "new notification," and the Actions Center is empty, but I still hear it.  OCR doesn't work either. I keep hoping with every major update of Windows 10 that there will be a fix for this. However, these phantom notifications have always been advertisements for Windows of some form or other, never anything important. But they do show up.

On 7/21/2019 3:15 AM, Ben King wrote:
Hey Tim,

I use Narrator full-time and I always go to the actions Center! You figured it out nice job!

On July 20, 2019 1:59:10 PM "Tim Ford" <ttford@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I think I may have figured out this “new notification” issue.  I went to the Action Center, and there were several notifications, none of them anything that seemed to be a security issue, but mainly notices of news items from Google.  While in the Action Center, I was able to easily read the message text.  Did I figure this out, or is the “new notification” coming from some other source?

Tim Ford