moderated Re: can jaws read page numbers using adobe acrobat reader DC?

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Bill-all,

I think this is not right, regarding documents that have come out as .pdfs, saz printed books etc. It maz be though so for scanned documents. I am not insisting on this, but this is mz view. How I got to know this_ I am asked to review a conference volume for a prestigious Greek journal of mz profession. When referring to a new article, I am checking the table of content for the first page and the first page of the following article. A new article usuallz starts in a new page. I discovered a mistake bz one of the authors, so I opened the pdf document and hit the jaws find )jawskezücontrüfÖ. The result came instantlz, I mean the place which I wanted to comment on, and, to mz delight, pagination was also showing. Although I cannot be 1öö% certain of it being the same as with the printed volume, it was certainlz within its table of contents range, and prettz well where it should be. I need to saz that I am not reading for the review the pdf document, but have created a word document for a simple reason. Within pdfs, I have not found a waz of reading notes at their appropriate place, whereas in word, once a footnote is showing, I can immediatelz look at it.

Hope all this helps,

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 2:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: can jaws read page numbers using adobe acrobat reader DC?

From what I’ve been able to determine: No. Besides that, once Adobe DC Reader has performed OCR on the text document, page numbers won’t match the original document, anyway.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of marvin kotler
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: can jaws read page numbers using adobe acrobat reader DC?

Good evening listers; how do you get jaws to read a page number in adobe acrobat reader DC?I do not use this program much, that is why I am asking. 

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.