From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I access what JAWS/Narrator says is "new notification"?

Sometimes there are notifications that don't show up in the Windows Actions Center. Sometimes I hear "new notification," and the Actions Center is empty, but I still hear it.  OCR doesn't work either. I keep hoping with every major update of Windows 10 that there will be a fix for this. However, these phantom notifications have always been advertisements for Windows of some form or other, never anything important. But they do show up.

On 7/21/2019 3:15 AM, Ben King wrote:

Hey Tim,

I use Narrator full-time and I always go to the actions Center! You figured it out nice job!

On July 20, 2019 1:59:10 PM "Tim Ford" <ttford@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I think I may have figured out this “new notification” issue.  I went to the Action Center, and there were several notifications, none of them anything that seemed to be a security issue, but mainly notices of news items from Google.  While in the Action Center, I was able to easily read the message text.  Did I figure this out, or is the “new notification” coming from some other source?

Tim Ford