moderated Re: adobe acrobat reader dc and jaws issues
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
1. Open Adobe Reader.
2. Press ALT plus K for Preferences.
3. Arrow down to Security (Enhanced, (not just Security)
4. TAB to Enable Protected Mode at startup, and make sure it is unchecked.
5. Answer “Yes” to the prompt which warns you that, Disabling Protected Mode requires you to restart Adobe Reader.
6. TAB to, Enable Enhanced Security, and make sure this is also unchecked.
7. TAB to the OK button, and press it.
8. Restart Adobe Reader.
Now you should be able to see the content of PDF files in Adobe Reader.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Marvin Hunkin
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 1:35 AM
Subject: adobe acrobat reader dc and jaws issues
I thought I would try adobe acrobat reader dc, latest version. My adobe acrobat pro English is a few years old, version 5.5., but when I try to load a pdf, and then select that and load, it goes into like a web based or cloud, and jaws just sees it as blank. If I try to do a insert o, d for document, says ocr failed. So not sure why. Why is that, and not reading it that great and do have the google chrome extension. Maybe ray, can help. This is weird.
Anyone had this issue with adobe acrobat reader dc, current free version and got it from the official adobe site.