moderated Re: Problem with the Windows key

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:31 PM, Steve Nutt wrote:
I find that to be more reliable than just pressing the Windows key.
And it is more reliable.   There is a "speed is of the essence" element to just hitting the Windows Key and starting to type a search.  It must be initiated very quickly and if it isn't, it doesn't cause search to be triggered.  I've had this fail on many occasions if I get a distraction just after I hit WinKey but don't start typing my search immediately.

WinKey+S actually brings up the Search Window with your cursor sitting in the criteria edit box, and it will stay there until you complete the search or dismiss the window using Esc.

         ~ Eric Hoffer