From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 11:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: bookmarks chrome RE: best web browser to use with JAWS?

That's very nice but it still needs to be resolved if Chrome is not the default browser.  I can't find my new bookmarks in Chrome but only if I do a search for them.  Where the heck are they stored?  I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, which I think is the case.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

On 7/3/2019 4:18 PM, David Kingsbury wrote:

Hello,

There is a nice and easy way to deal with bookmarks in Chrome, favorites in IE, etc. Personally, I think that accessing and managing bookmarks in Chrome in Firefox is very clunky. By contrast, it is extremely easy to access and manage favorites in IE.

If you create a desktop shortcut for your favorites folder, you can open the favorites in whatever browser you have chosen as your default. I have Chrome as my default browser, maintain all my favorites in IE, and open them from the desktop with Chrome. I make no effort to maintain bookmarks in Chrome or Firefox, And in Windows 10, it is very easy to change your default browser via the Control Panel.

Regards,

David