Also, one Amazon customer review said that the keyboard didn't have an Insert key. Is this true?

Thanks,

Russell

On Jul 12, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Well, as a final note I will say that now that I received my Das Keyboard 4 Professional which is a wired mechanical keyboard without the 6 gaming keys on the side I am truly impressed. I think for a non-gamer who simply wants an awesome keyboard for typing/office use it is about as good as it gets. It has a Windows key on each side of the spacebar and a working application key and it has a beautiful volume knob and media keys. Apart from that it’s just a fantastic keyboard with a regular old-style layout, good spacing between the blocks of function keys and all that. It is made from aluminum and while it is wired, it has only 1 USB plug, but there are 2 USB ports on the back of the keyboard which for me is great because I have sighted staff so I can continue to use a wireless mouse and use 1 port to plug in the mini USB receiver so I am not actually using up more ports on the computer. For my main register computer in my store I could even use the second port to plug in the USB barcode scanner.
I chose the version with the Cherry Blue switches which make a very satisfying click and the typing experience is just superb. You can also get it with Cherry Brown switches which are quieter and a bit softer, apparently more like the Romer-G switches Logitech has developed for the G613. When I first got that keyboard and got a bit used to it I thought I really liked it, but I must say the Cherry Blue switches on the 4 Professional are really something and I think this will be my keyboard of choice even though it is quite expensive and it’s wired. The main thing I like about the G613 is the fact that it is wireless and allows me to use it on the PC with the Lightspeed USB dongle and also to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth so that a simply button push switches between the two, but that is more convenience and I may give it up for the typing experience of the Das Keyboard.
The G-keys on the G613 are nice in a way and programming them with a few macros or commands  is OK, but I don’t think I would miss them especially not if I can again get used to having a Windows key on both sides which makes keyboard shortcuts like Windows Key + 1 through 5 or 6 much more convenient since I don’t have to reach all the way across with the right hand to press either the Windows key or one of the number keys on the left.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io<main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 4:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Logitech G613 Lightspeed wireless mechanical gaming keyboard

Hi,
More throw? Could you elaborate on what you mean by that? Does that refer to the travel of the keys as some speak of? Is this keyboard also made by Logitech? Does it also make use of a USB receiver type of apparatus and what batteries does it use? Why did you choose to have both of these keyboards? Do you have different use cases for each?
Thanks for expounding.
Robin