moderated Re: How do you activate the Windows key to search for something with JAWS on a Focus keyboard?

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

One way to achieve this is to use the Keyboard Manager, find the script called StartMenu, and assign a braille key to it.

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How do you activate the Windows key to search for something with JAWS on a Focus keyboard?

Hi.

I’m currently running the latest version of both Windows 10 and JAWS 2019, and I’d really like to know how in the world you do this on a Focus Perkins braille keyboard.  All I want to do is to do a search in Windows for something, such as adding a Bluetooth connection.  On a regular QWERTY keyboard, all I do is just press and release the Windows key, and I’m in the search field.  On the Focus, however, when I enter the Windows key command, it waits for me to issue another keystroke to do something.  The ALT keys are the same way.  All I want to do is hit these keys and have them by themselves do something, rather than be key modifiers.  How do I do this?  Help!

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Kevin and Jilly