moderated Re: Some braille questions

David Csercsics

Yes, I'll stick with the display I have then, since I really quite like it. Humanware has good documentation, and the display works well with both screen readers, but for NVDA the Braille Extender add-on is a must. The only thing I noticed was that according to HumanWare's documentation, pressing space with the letter d on the display was supposed to be mapped to delete, but the keystroke was unassigned in Jaws, so I had to do it manually. I'm not sure if this is a Jaws bug or a HumanWare bug, so I'm not sure to whom I should report it. It's nothing major, and was easily fixed. It just seemed like an oversight, since delete is an often used function. Thanks for the discussion though. This thread has been quite helpful.