moderated Re: Question/New user to Amazon with Jaws

David & his pack of dogs

I’ve had an Amazon account for almost a year now and for the most part have had no, to little problems.  I did get a blind person to help me set it up, mainly because he’d had an account for years. Now, they do have a help desk in Canada and the U AS that will help you with any problems. One I had was getting a prime membership.  Amazon.com did not recognize my amazon.ca account.  The number for help from amazon is on their website. My only advice is call them during the day as they have a lot of people working out of their home.  Thus, when I called at 10 PM PST, I got a woman with the TV and her kids in the background that could be clearly heard running around. Which brings up another matter, if working out of your home have no background noise as it could discredit your product. Even at some work places, it sounded like there was a party going on.     

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: July 14, 2019 7:38 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Question/New user to Amazon with Jaws

Hello,

Using Windows 10 and Jaws 18.

Using Jaws, is it possible to setup an account and purchase items on Amazon without sighted help?  I’ve never setup an account on any web site so I’m not sure what to expect.

Thank you for any tips and advice in advance.

Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.