moderated Re: Find & Replace Query

Mike,

         I do not think this works in Notepad, but it absolutely does in MS-Word (and I just tested it using your example).

         You must use Advanced find and replace and you must check the checkbox for "Use Wildcards" after hitting the "More" button in the Find & Replace dialog to make that checkbox visible.

         Using the following in the find field:       ([0-9]{1,}%)*^13

will find any line starting with one or more numeric digits, followed immediately by a percent sign, followed by any number of characters, followed by a new line/new paragraph.

If you use nothing (leave blank) the replacement it will remove the lines.

         ~ Eric Hoffer