moderated Re: Jaws2019 authorization code !! Addison here

I find it difficult to exactly understand the issue as always, but she says something about having it on her laptop without any issues but that she received a notice to authorize on the desktop.

Even if you have bought Jaws 2019 and you install it on a new computer you still have to authorize it even if you have already authorized it on another computer.

In other words, if it was installed and authorized on a laptop but now you install it on a desktop for the first time then you have to authorize it on the desktop.

I just installed Jaws 2019 on a new computer I bought and I of course had to authorize it. I have my Jaws license key saved in a file on my network along with many other license and product keys so if I have to authorize it I just go to the folder on my NAS, copy the license key and paste it in the authorization Window.

By the way, Richard, I thought you can have Jaws authorized on up to 3 computers.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 5:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2019 authorization code !! Addison here

I did not know about your sister having purchased the license. Normally you can use your copy of Jaws on a work computer and a home computer. If it is only on your laptop, and desktop, it seems like it should work. If it is on a third machine, then that won't work. The main thing, is that if it is an authorization issue, you should call Freedom Scientific. 

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

On Jul 12, 2019, at 4:49 AM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Hello Richard and Ron   I thinked you both  don’t realized that my sister have pay for jaws update  ,matter of fact I did received freedom scientific  dvd disc of jaws2019  ,so when I download jaws2019  in laptop on Tuesday afternoon  it’s download and installed from freedom scientific website  without no problem  and I never get a message about authorization code at all on laptop then I get a message about authorization code on desktop on yesterday evening . So Ron tell me if I want to used jaws2019  have to buy license and have license

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 9:12 PM

Yes. Unless you had the SMA, (software maintenance Agreement) you will have to buy the license. 

I'd call Freedom Scientific and see what the options are.

HTH,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 

(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

On Jul 11, 2019, at 5:58 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Oh wow ,so I will have to buy license to use jaws2019 ??

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Hi,

The fact that you have JAWS 2018 does not give you the right to JAWS 2019. You have to buy the update if you want to use 2019.

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws2019 authorization code !! Addison here

Hello All  I just download jaws2019 1.0 this evening from freedom scientific  website  for desktop computer window10 ,when finished download and restart computer. I get a message saying authorization code  I don’t understand why I have to put authorization code in the box when I have jaws2018  also I have authorization code for jaws in my document  and will not remember all that authorization code in my head to type it in the box . SI’m back on jaws2018 because jaws2019  is on 40 minute mode and don’t like to keep restart the computer.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for me?

Thank you

Addison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.