moderated What choice do I use to get a Focus Blue paired so it works with JAWS?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I will very soon be the proud owner of a Focus 40 Blue display, but I have a really simple question about it, and it deals with pairing it so it works over Bluetooth.  I had to get a Bluetooth dongle for my Windows 10 laptop, because the one in it is broke.  I can’t get Windows to pair with other devices through it like the instructions claim, so I installed the drivers that came with the dongle.  I now have this nice piece of software with the CSR dongle, but I’m not quite sure what to do from here.  My question is, what kind of a device is the Focus?  I have several options to choose from, such as a phone and headphones, but they’re not what I want.  I have three choices to select from, but I don’t know which one to use.  They are: Keyboard, Computer, and All.  Now, just which one do I use?  I’d try Keyboard, but I don’t know if that’s good enough, because JAWS sends data to the display to read.  I think Computer is overkill, so I don’t think it’s that one either.  All might be what I want, but I’m not really familiar with using Bluetooth.  Can someone give me some help?  I’m asking here, because if I want to use the Focus over Bluetooth with JAWS, I need to get this working, but I’m a newbie at this.  Once I learn, I’ll be more than happy to pay the kindness forward for someone else out there.

Thanks in advance for the help, and if things really work out well, I might have one of these neat things in my grubby little hands next week.  There’s a good and bad side to that, though.  The good side is I’ll have it.  The bad side is if I get it now, my financial advisor, also known as Mom will kill me for doing it, so I won’t get to use it.  Even worse, I probably wouldn’t even be buried with it because she’d send it back.  All kidding aside, Mom has my best interest at heart, and she might holler a bit, but I’ll deal with it and go on from there.

Have a great day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly