moderated Re: Placing Bookmark File on Desktop for Browser Use

John Covici

This works with amy browser, hilight the URL by doing alt-d and ctrl-a
and then copy to the clipboard using ctrl-c. Now go to that favorites
folder and do alt-h-w-s and paste the URL into the edit box, hit next
and name the shortcut.

On Fri, 05 Jul 2019 15:13:57 -0400,
Barbara wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Hello David,

I like your idea below. I have been using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I recently installed Chrome. I placed on my desktop a link to the Internet Explorer Favorites list folder. So now I can use this same list for both of the
browsers. However when I tried to use this with Chrome, it did not work. I got garbage for web results. Do I need to change the Favorites file format for Chrome? Is there a specific method I must use to access the desktop folder?
Some other ideas?

I am using a Windows 7 computer.

Thanks.

Barbara

Home of the 2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues