From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 8:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws does not read the content of screen using jaws cursor.

thanks Sieghard.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Sieghard Weitzel [mailto:sieghard@live.ca]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:01 AM

You can potentially turn off the accessibility display driver in Jaws 2018, but I am not sure if it would do much good and certainly I don't think you would have the option to set a keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcut was introduced in Jaws 2019 in the last few months.
Also, you should not turn off the accessibility display driver if you use Windows 7, not sure why this option is even there, but in Windows 7 the new method for Jaws to obtain information from Windows is of no concern, it only became necessary in Windows 10 for Vispero to look at a new way to get this information. This is why you often can't read anything with the Jaws cursor in Windows 10 where this worked perfectly fine in Windows 7.

From: Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io
[mailto:ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 4:34 PM

At 02:15 AM 7/3/2019, netbat66 wrote:
>I found where it is with windows 7 but it is not in windows 10
>its in the settings center in miscilanious

Mike B. posted instructions to assign a keystroke to the accessibility
driver. However, using JAWS 2019 on Windows 10 1903, my list of default
keyboard commands does not include anything like "toggle screen capture
method" or "toggle accessibility driver". What might I be missing?

Orlando Enrique Fiol

.