moderated Re: Jaws does not read the content of screen using jaws cursor.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018. Not to create an argument, but only to save people using Jaws versions older than J2018 time or the hassle of searching for this feature in J18, J17...
Steps for creating a toggle keystroke for this feature are below.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
2. Press the letter, D, until Jaws reports, Default.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter. The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is,
Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt,
Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default. Tab to, Okay
and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done.
Now check the keystroke to make sure it works. You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!
----- Original Message -----
From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws does not read the content of screen using jaws cursor.
This functionality has been there for several versions of Jaws. Vispero is not making a big deal of this because for most users Jaws currently works equally well with or without the accessibility display driver. I pushed quite hard for a layered shortcut key, but instead they made it optional for a shortcut to be created in keyboard manager. The script is called ToggleScreenCapture and of course you need to have the default keyboard manager loaded..
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On
Behalf Of Maria Campbell
David, have you suggested this to Vispero directly or in the JAWS users list where Eric Damery lurks?
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
On 7/3/2019 3:39 PM, David Goldfield wrote: