moderated Re: picture smart has never worked.

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,

I wouldn't depend on JAWS to properly be able to control your scanner if I were you since it's not specifically made for such things. Sure the option is there but I'd wager it doesn't work nearly as well as a specialized program. Just scan it using a program that's really meant to scan stuff and you can then run Picture Smart on the file by activating the context menu on it in File Explorer.

On 7/1/2019 3:32 PM, netbat66 wrote:
it fails when i try to use the del all in one scanner to detect pictures.
it works on picture files.
all it does is say it failed to detect text. but the scanner doesn't even move. the same scanner works with openbook and the windows paint program.

-----Original Message----- From: Munawar Bijani
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2019 10:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: picture smart has never worked.

What error message do you get?
On 7/1/2019 1:42 PM, netbat66 wrote:
in my case the picture smart fails every time i tried to use it. not very smart.
i gave up trying to figure out how to get it to work.

-----Original Message----- From: Shankar C
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2019 10:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How can I get information about a graphic on a webpage?

as for as my concern, if its just a image/graphic, you may use the
picture smart to read the information provided in the graphics.
but, if the graphic contains the link, you may expand and perform the
picture smart.

On 7/1/19, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019, Windows 7 and Firefox.  Suppose I have the virtual
cursor on a graphic on a webpage.  Is there some JAWS keystroke I can press
that will tell me some basic information about the graphic, such as its
dimensions?

Thanks,

Richard