From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Tom Lange
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:01 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Touch computer

Hi Drew,
You wrote:

Tom,
Did it take you very long to get used to the touch screen and layout of
the
i-phone OS in comparison to a windows based OS? Thanks
Not really. There are a number of things to master, including learning the
various gestures and when to use them with the different kinds of controls,
and touch typing and editing can be a tricky business. Once you get the hang

of those things, life with an IOS device gets much simpler. Regarding
typing and editing, sometimes it's just easier for me to connect a bluetooth

keyboard or pair the IOS device with my BrailleNote Apex. Those are great
combinations, by the way.

One nice aspect of using IOS is that the user interfaces among apps that
work well with VoiceOver are fairly consistent in how they operate. I have
to qualify all this by saying that even after ten months with the iPhone, I
still have a lot to learn, but I'm having fun doing it.

Tom