I see no difference in my steps and yours? :)

Thanks,

Russell

On Jun 26, 2019, at 10:02 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

I’m not sure why Russell’s instructions didn’t work for me, but I did the following and it worked.
In b101: =COUNTIF(B2:B100,"Yes")
IN b102, =COUNTA(B2:B100)
In b103, =B101/B102

To test this, I put a Yes in b2 and No in b100.
I got 1 as the result of yes’s, 2 in the result for number of cells with data in b102, and .50 in b103 which then switching the number type to percent, got 50.00.  I did not bother changing the decimal places from the default.

HTH,
Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io<main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel Formula

Hi Steve,

Let’s say you have Yes or no in cells B2 to B100. In cell B101, or wherever you wish, type the formula,
CountIf(B2:B100,”Yes”).
This will give you the number of cells with “Yes” in them.
Then, in B102, or whoever you wish, type the formula,
=CountA(B2:B100)
Note the letter “A” after “Count” in the above formula.
This will give you the total number of cells in column B that have data.
Now, to calculate the percentage of cells with “Yes” in them, in cell B103, or wherever, type the formula,
=B101/B102
You are dividing the number of “Yes” by the total number of cells with data.
You will get a number like 0.67 or something like that. Press CTRL + 1 while in that cell and change the number formatting to Percentage, choose the number of decimal places you wish to show, and tab to OK.

Hope this helps.

Russell

On Jun 25, 2019, at 5:17 PM, Steve & Shannon Cook <cookcafe@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Using Excel 2016, Windows 10 and the current version of JAWS.  I have an Excel sheet in column A I have the task a person must perform.  In Column B I will answer yes or no if they can perform the task.  Here is my issue, I want to create a formula at the bottom of column B to determine if they answered yes to 80% of the questions.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance!

Steve