moderated Re: Excel Formula

Van Lant, Robin

I agree with Russell’s approach.  That is exactly how I would do it.  Technically you can combine both of the formulas into one cell, but I tend to like to show the results of each count in a different cell.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel Formula

Hi Steve,

Let’s say you have Yes or no in cells B2 to B100. In cell B101, or wherever you wish, type the formula, 

CountIf(B2:B100,”Yes”).

This will give you the number of cells with “Yes” in them.

Then, in B102, or whoever you wish, type the formula,

=CountA(B2:B100)

Note the letter “A” after “Count” in the above formula.

This will give you the total number of cells in column B that have data.

Now, to calculate the percentage of cells with “Yes” in them, in cell B103, or wherever, type the formula,

=B101/B102

You are dividing the number of “Yes” by the total number of cells with data.

You will get a number like 0.67 or something like that. Press CTRL + 1 while in that cell and change the number formatting to Percentage, choose the number of decimal places you wish to show, and tab to OK.

Hope this helps.

Russell

On Jun 25, 2019, at 5:17 PM, Steve & Shannon Cook <cookcafe@...> wrote:

Hi All, 

Using Excel 2016, Windows 10 and the current version of JAWS.  I have an Excel sheet in column A I have the task a person must perform.  In Column B I will answer yes or no if they can perform the task.  Here is my issue, I want to create a formula at the bottom of column B to determine if they answered yes to 80% of the questions.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance!

Steve

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.