moderated Question of a couple of Firefox settings

Cristóbal

Hello list,

I hadn’t used Firefox in a good long while and went in today to update it and the extensions. While poking through the browser options and making sure everything was as I wanted it to be, I came across these two setting options. Since I rarely if ever have the need to delve into these settings, I don’t recall if it matters from a screen reader standpoint to have them enabled or disabled.

I would appreciate a reminder and some enlightenment. Please see below.

Browsing
 Use autoscrolling Alt+Shift+a check box‑ checked‑
 Use smooth scrolling Alt+Shift+m check box‑ checked‑

I’m mainly a Jaws 2019 user and sometimes NVDA in a pinch if that makes any sort of difference.

Thanks,

Cristobal