From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Astrid van Woerkom
Sent: June 21, 2019 4:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Transitioning back from Mac to PC? Lots of questions

Thanks for explaining. I asked about getting apps becaus eon Mac, if something isn’t in the app store, it’s a pain to install. I know with Windows 8 it was very easy to install programs you got off the Internet, but I wasn’t sure this still works in Windows 10.

Op 21 jun. 2019 om 21:22 heeft JM Casey <jmcasey@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hello  Astrid.

The Windows app store seems quite accessible, but really, I do not use it for much. I can say though that you can successfully find and install apps from this place if you want to.

Where do we get our apps? That depends on what they are. I generally try to go to the source on the internet for whatever programme I am interested in.

I use Microsoft office, so outlook is my mail client of choice. You can get a recycled office license really cheaply nowadays.

As for browsers, Chrome and Firefox combination should serve you well. You will probably need to use both to have the best/smoothest experience.