moderated Re: jaws 2019?

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Type cmd in your windows search box.  Press the context menu key, arrow down to "Run as Administrator" and press enter.  You can now execute any command as admin.  Cheers!

On 6/21/2019 10:19 PM, Kevin Meyers wrote:

I wanted to run chkdsk and I got the message I don’t have admin privilages. I’m using windows10 and Jaws2019. I pressed windows key and letter R. I typed in chkdsk and got the message. Do I need to do something else to get access?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2019?

Hi Kendra,

You wrote “last time that I tried it, the update was a bad corrupted version”, can you be more specific? Was the download corrupted or the installation?

I have been using Jaws 2019 exclusively ever since it came out and have no major issues and certainly at this point in the game I would say it works as good as Jaws 2018 ever has except it of course has new features like Photo Smart which I find extremely useful, same goes for the new ways to deal with headings on web pages where you can set it so that if you go to a heading level 3, for example, it goes straight there even if that heading level 3 is in an area of the page where previously you might have to first use heading level 1 and 2 to find it.

The new Jaws online installer has worked perfectly for me each time, it’s a small download and when  you run it Jaws downloads whatever components it needs during the installation, but you can still download a 32 bit or 64 bit off-line installer which includes everything for a completely offline installation.

I find that with changes in Windows and Office happening quite frequently it definitely is worthwhile to be on the latest Jaws update because it will also contain all the latest fixes to address things Microsoft does. And, as you know, you don’t have to uninstall Jaws 2018 in order to install and use Jaws 2019 so there is no risk really to install and use it and, should something really not work, you can go back to Jaws 2018 and see if it works better.

If you have major issues with Jaws 2019 and continue to experience them I would say you need to take a good look at your PC overall to make sure there isn’t anything which might cause said issues.

I would open an admin command prompt and run the typical repair tools like chkdsk c: /r and system file checker, sfc /ScanNow to make sure you don’t get any errors and, if you still have problems try a non-destructive repair of Windows 10.

Also, I don’t think you mentioned it, but which version of Windows 10 do you have and what are the basic specs of your PC, e.g. I3, I5 or I7, which generation is your processor, how much RAM do you have and do you have a traditional hard drive or do you use an SSD?

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Denise J Moses
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:01 AM

Hello,

I dislike JAWS 2019 too right now.  When I press the Windows key JAWS doesn’t speak.  I type in a search & it will open & then it talks.  If I open 2 or more items at first JAWS works but then freezes & won’t talk at all.  I’ve uninstalled 2019   & reinstalled & get the same thing.  I haven’t gotten very far with tech support.  I’ve written an email through their contact page & they tell me to call tech support.  I’ve gone back to using JAWS 2018.  It seems like every time they update something stops working & it either doesn’t get fixed or it takes many complaints to fix it.  I know a lot of people don’t have problems & really like the new changes but this version makes me very mad.

Denise

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kendra Schafer
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; main@jfw.groups.io

Hi all! I currently have JAWS 2018 installed on my computer alongside JAWS 2019. I have tried JAWS 2019 3 or 4 times. So far, I'm not impressed! Each time I tried JAWS 2019, I have run into bugs. The last time that I tried it, the update was a bad corrupted version. It wouldn't work with my Dell laptop PC computer at all. My tech teacher also got the same exact result. Because JAWS 2019 is one of the worst worst versions of softwhere that I have run into, into, I want to know the latest news from the user’s point of view. I don’t need someone sending me Freedom Scientific resources because they have overlooked some major bugs. I want feedback from users experiences before I give that vertion of JAWS another try. I have stuck with NVDA and JAWS 2018 instead.     

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!

Blessed be!!!

Kendra Schaber

Chemeketa Community College,

350 Org,

Citizen’s Climate Lobby,

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,

Capitol Chapter,

Salem, Oregon.

Home Email:

Chemeketa Community College Email:

Phone:

971-599-9991

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.

SE.

Sent from my Gmail Email

From: main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of dennis <dennisc67@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 15:16
Subject: Re: jaws 2019 and latest version of thunderbird

all that does is open the atachment.

On 6/18/2019 4:41 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

did you press enter on any attachment?

Curtis Delzer 
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 6/18/2019 10:56 AM, dennis wrote:

is anyone else having problems with atachments lists in thunderbird? jaws says horisontal list box and won't list the atachments. it says the number of atachments in the list but won't show them. anyone else having this issue?

--
Dennis Cornelison

-- 
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;
Music paints a thousand worlds;
Movies light up fantasy screens.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.