moderated Re: Jaws and Express Scribe

Gudrun Brunot

David: I use Express Scribe also, though I'm a translator rather than a
medical transcriptionist. I occasionally get videos to translate.

So, you open the file in Express scribe, and I believe you can either work
directly in that program or use ES for playback only and work in your
favorite word processor. Here is the keyboard reference guide--not too long.

Keyboard reference

F1 Display Help
F2 Play Slow Speed
F3 Play Fast Speed
F4 Stop
F7 Rewind
F8 Fast Forward
F9 Play
F10 Play Real Speed
F11 Play Slow Speed
Ctrl+Num7 Go to start
Ctrl+Num1 Go to End
Ctrl+Del Delete File
Ctrl+A Copy All (Notes Field)
Ctrl+B Set Bookmark
Ctrl+C Copy (Notes Field)
Ctrl+D Dispatch File
Ctrl+H Attach a file
Ctrl+L Load File
Ctrl+Shift+L Load and Delete File
Ctrl+M Show Express Scribe Mini Control
Ctrl+N Done
Ctrl+O Recover File
Ctrl+T Insert Audio Time
Ctrl+V Paste (Notes Field)
Ctrl+W Open Word Processor
Ctrl+X Cut from Notes Field
Alt+F4 Exit Express Scribe
NumPad 2 Select next recording
NumPad 8 Select previous recording
Default System-Wide Hot Keys
(can be changed using Settings / Control)
F2 Play Slow Speed
F3 Play Fast Speed
F4 Stop
F5 Open Express Scribe