moderated Re: Transitioning back from Mac to PC? Lots of questions

Astrid van Woerkom

Thanks so much for answering my questions so eloquently.

Op 21 jun. 2019 om 20:45 heeft Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...> het volgende geschreven:

Q: As the purchase of the Mac was quite a desperate action and I don’t want to repeat it, I want to get opinions from people as to how usable JAWS is these
days?

A: Hi,As you found out VO on the Mac is way different than VO on the I Phone. As you have many years of Windows and Jaws experience you would be better off with a PC running Jaws or NVDA. I use Jaws since I am a long time user of it.

Q:  Is there a browser that works well? I cannot get used to the way Safari works on the Mac, but I don’t want to have to have three different browsers on my PC like I did with my last Windows PC and way old JAWS.

A: Fire Fox, Chrome and IE are still the main options for browsers and each has it's use's. The new Chromium based Edge is great so far and I am using it as my default browser and it seems to do most everything I need it too. There will always be times when a second or third browser is needed. That is just life. But it is better than it used to be.

Q: What about Windows Mail? Is the Windows app store accessible nowadays, and if not, where do you get your apps?
A: Some use windows mail or Outlook, I really prefer Thunderbird. It is accessible and easy to use. The app store is somewhat accessible but you can still install programs just as you always have so I don't use it.

Is there a way to keep files synchronized between PC and iPhone? I like my iPhone and really use it all the time.

Q: Yes, One drive, Dropbox and Google drive are all  available on both the PC and I Phone. I use One Drive and like it.

Q: What feed reader(s) is/are accessible with JAWS? Is Kindle for PC still accessible (Kindle for Mac isn’t)?
A: Not sure...

Q:  Just some random questions. Will ask more if
I think of any.

A: Of course we are here to help. :) smiley face