moderated Transitioning back from Mac to PC? Lots of questions

Astrid van Woerkom

Hi all,
I have some questions. I need to make the choice between a Mac with VoiceOve ror a PC with Windows 10 and JAWS. Background: hav eused PCs with JAWS ever since 2002, but had been waiting for approval from my health insurance to get a new JAWS version ever since late 2017. In the meantime, last January, I bought a Mac, which I can’t get used to. Long story short, I was finally approved for JAWS and now my husband is willing to get me a Windows PC and to take over my Mac. Keeping both the Mac and PC is not an option for practical reasons.

As the purchase of the Mac was quite a desperate action and I don’t want to repeat it, I want to get opinions from people as to how useable JAWS is these days? Is there a browser that works well? I cannot get used to the way Safari works on the Mac, but I don’t want to have to have three different browsers on my PC like I did with my last Windows PC and way old JAWS. What about Windows Mail? Is the Windows app store accessible nowadays, and if not, where do you get your apps?

Is there a way to keep files synchronized between PC and iPhone? I like my iPhone and really use it ll the time.

What feed reader(s) is/are accessible with JAWS? Is Kindle for PC still accessible (Kindle for Mac isn’t)? Just some random questions. Will ask more if I think of any.