moderated Re: downloading PDFs in Google Chrome

You can try and tab a couple of times and then use “b” for button to see if you can find a “Download” button. I assume the PDF opens in Chrome and if that is the case you typically have this download button available as well as a print button.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 8:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: downloading PDFs in Google Chrome

I will also add, regardless of the JAWS version, I find it far easier to locate things when I am forced to pick their actual save location.   I always go in to any browser's settings for downloads and set up the "make me choose each time" option.

In Chrome, that's Chrome Settings, Advanced, Downloads, "Ask where to save each file before downloading" toggle.

Once that's set to yes, you will get a Save dialog for every download, and you can select exactly where you want that file to be saved and be able to rename it to something more reasonable when you get the randomized numbers file names.

       ~ Lauren Bacall