moderated Re: Can not install Jaws 2019 demo on Windows 7 64 bit what ever I do

Richard Turner

freedom Scientific usually answers questions about demo products just as they will for licensed products. If you do not try sending them an email, you will never know.
Richard

On Jun 21, 2019, at 7:09 AM, Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...> wrote:

Hi,

I couldn't find a solution to your exact error message but here's what I found on JAWS installation failures:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/support/technicalsupport/bulletin/1642

Diagnosing:

  1. After the installation fails, view the log file for the required component that could not be installed. If this component is unknown, it will be the last component processed which is logged in the Setup Package Log file.
  2. In the required component’s log file, look for the error which caused the install to fail. This is commonly at the bottom of the log file before the “Property” lines.
  3. If the error is 1723 or is described as “A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run”, then this is probably due to the failure of Windows installer in loading a DLL.

Solution:

For Windows 7 and 8.1:

A common cause for this problem, when it occurs on a Windows OS prior to Windows 10, is a missing Universal C Runtime update. A solution for this can be found in TSN: 90845.

For Windows 7, 8.1, or 10:

Another common cause for this problem is an invalid installation of one of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. JAWS depends on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2010, 2013 and 2015. JAWS installations preceding version 18.0.4104 also install and depend on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005.

Any one of the following are possible solutions that will correct invalid Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations:

  • Repair the installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables through Windows Programs and Features or the Add/Remove page from the Control Panel. A repair may not always fix an invalid installation.

NOTE: In the next option, there is a risk associated with uninstalling a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. If a piece of software is currently using the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, it could fail or start behaving unexpectedly.

  • Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables through Programs and Features or the Add/Remove page from the Control Panel. Run the JAWS installer which will re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables during the installation process. You can also download and Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft website.

NOTE: The following solution would be for technical support and would only be attempted as a last resort.

  • There are known DLLs that are installed by the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Installers. These DLLs could manually be copied into their expected locations.
On 6/21/2019 9:32 AM, adel akbari wrote:
Hello.
Thanks for all of your answers.
About contacting technical support, I am afraid I can not do that,
because I live in Iran and I am trying to use demo version of jaws.
does freedom scientific technical support answers to the questions
from users of demo version of jaws?
I don't think so.

On 6/20/19, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
If you are installing Jaws 2019 32 bit and 64 bit installers should not even
come into play unless you are for some reason using the offline installer.
If you have internet connectivity I highly recommend you use the current
Jaws
2019.1906.10<http://jaws2019.vfo.digital/2019.1906.10.400/7B4440D3-D549-4F90-82BB-936902A2EE5B/J2019.1906.10-any.exe>
installer which is a small download and it will correctly identify if you
are using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows and install Jaws accordingly.

Best regards,
Sieghard