moderated Re: downloading PDFs in Google Chrome

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I fear you may have to look at upgrading JAWS. I don’t know if the annual subscription deal is available in Canada, but if so it makes upgrading somewhat painless. With the speed at which Chrome changes, I don’t know that it is realistic to expect it to work with a version of JAWS that is three years old. You could install the 30-minute trial of JAWS 2019 and try downloading your document and see if the process is different. Alternatively, with the version of JAWS you are using, with the pc cursor focused on the link for the PDF, see if there are other options in the context menu that yield better results.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cynthia Bruce
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 9:06 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: downloading PDFs in Google Chrome

Hi All,

I am using JAWS 17 and have recently switched to Google Chrome. Most things work well, but I can’t seem to sort out how to deal with a PDF that I want to access from the web. When I click on the document link, I get a button that says, “Open embedded document”. When I hit that button, nothing seems to happen and I can’t find the document. Sometimes I can later locate it in my downloads folder, but more often than not it is simply not locatable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cynthia

Cynthia Bruce PhD, MTA

Ethics Chair

Canadian Association of Music Therapists