From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2019?

Hi all. To be fair, Windows 10 handles accessibility differently from it's legacy versions, and Jaws like other screen readers have had to make serious adjustments to how it deals with "seeing" the screen and such, hence it's perceived incompetence in some areas. Screen readers are not independent applications as such but rely on the stability of their environment to work well, and it cannot be said that Windows 10 is yet as stable as it can be. I am not for Jaws or anything like that, but in this case, i can see what Jaws and screen readers in general have to contend with. Cheers!

On 6/19/2019 9:20 PM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Kendra,

Thank you for posting this. I’d like to hear feedback as well. I have not yet installed my 2019 JAWS because I’m hearing of too many bugs. 2018 works adequately for the present, but I know I’ll have to upgrade sooner or later.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy