moderated Re: jaws 2019?

Les Kriegler

The one issue I have with 2019 is that I can no longer use Microsoft Mail. It crashes when I try to navigate the Inbox. I contacted Microsoft Support, we did a remote session and they confirmed the issue. I then contacted support at FS when I learned that NVDA and Mail work fine together Awaiting a response from FS.

Les

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2019?

Hi all. To be fair, Windows 10 handles accessibility differently from it's legacy versions, and Jaws like other screen readers have had to make serious adjustments to how it deals with "seeing" the screen and such, hence it's perceived incompetence in some areas. Screen readers are not independent applications as such but rely on the stability of their environment to work well, and it cannot be said that Windows 10 is yet as stable as it can be. I am not for Jaws or anything like that, but in this case, i can see what Jaws and screen readers in general have to contend with. Cheers!

On 6/19/2019 9:20 PM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Kendra,

Thank you for posting this. I’d like to hear feedback as well. I have not yet installed my 2019 JAWS because I’m hearing of too many bugs. 2018 works adequately for the present, but I know I’ll have to upgrade sooner or later.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> ; main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: jaws 2019?

Hi all! I currently have JAWS 2018 installed on my computer alongside JAWS 2019. I have tried JAWS 2019 3 or 4 times. So far, I'm not impressed! Each time I tried JAWS 2019, I have run into bugs. The last time that I tried it, the update was a bad corrupted version. It wouldn't work with my Dell laptop PC computer at all. My tech teacher also got the same exact result. Because JAWS 2019 is one of the worst worst versions of softwhere that I have run into, into, I want to know the latest news from the user’s point of view. I don’t need someone sending me Freedom Scientific resources because they have overlooked some major bugs. I want feedback from users experiences before I give that vertion of JAWS another try. I have stuck with NVDA and JAWS 2018 instead.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Email!

Blessed be!!!

Kendra Schaber

Chemeketa Community College,

350 Org,

Citizen’s Climate Lobby,

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,

Capitol Chapter,

Salem, Oregon.

Home Email:

Redwing731@... <mailto:Redwing731@...>

Chemeketa Community College Email:

Kschaber@... <mailto:Kschaber@...>

Phone:

971-599-9991

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author unknown.

SE.

Sent from my Gmail Email

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of dennis <dennisc67@...> <mailto:dennisc67@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 15:16
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: jaws 2019 and latest version of thunderbird

all that does is open the atachment.

On 6/18/2019 4:41 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

did you press enter on any attachment?

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@... <mailto:curtis@...>

On 6/18/2019 10:56 AM, dennis wrote:

is anyone else having problems with atachments lists in thunderbird? jaws says horisontal list box and won't list the atachments. it says the number of atachments in the list but won't show them. anyone else having this issue?

--
Dennis Cornelison

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

--
Dennis Cornelison <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;
Music paints a thousand worlds;
Movies light up fantasy screens.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.