moderated Re: Accessible Version of Visual Studio?

John Covici

The latest versions are pretty accessible, I know about 2017 community
edition and anything later than that should work reasonably well with
Jaws, although not perfectly. It may update some libraries, but just
create a restore point before installing and you should be fine.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 10:46:00 -0400,
Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Hi, it's Annabelle.
I've read somewhere that Visual Studio has a version that's fully accessible to JAWS. The version I was told is fully accessible is Visual Studio 2005. The problem is, I'm not sure where to get that one, especially a copy that's clean
and free of viruses, malware, adware, spyware, and the like. I've tried the new version, but it updates Windows, which breaks screenreader compatibility on my machine. I've already had to restore it back to working order by reimaging the
hard drive three times within 8 years! The first time, I formatted the wrong hard drive by accident, and now I have to recover what I didn't get the chance to back up on that hard drive. If I can't get Visual Studio 2005, I wonder what
programming alternative I can use? Particularly I want to program my own virtual instruments and audio software, as well as software that lets customers write their own scripts for ceremonies. The site where I read about the
accessibility of Visual Studio 2005 is here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/118984/how-can-you-program-if-youre-blind
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una