moderated Re: Possible Bug In File Explorer In Latest Jaws Update

JM Casey

In addition to what has been said about you probably having a small brain freeze and misremembering the command, I’d just like to point out that it’s a Windows command, not a JAWS one – it should work for everyone, screen-reader or no. Not likely that a jAWS update would break it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: June 15, 2019 3:17 PM
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Possible Bug In File Explorer In Latest Jaws Update

Hello, everyone.

I just updated to the latest build of Jaws 2019 on this Windows 10 PC.

Most things seem to be working well, and I’m very glad to have the Alt 1 through 6 commands available again for reading Outlook 2016 message fields.

However, I might have discovered a bug in File Explorer with the new Jaws update.

When in a folder list view, I used to be able to create a new folder using the alt control N command.  I found this to be quite handy and efficient.

While I can still create a new folder by finding the option in the file explorer menus, it seems like the alt control N command is no longer working.

Can anyone else check for this bug, and let us know if it is being experienced on other Windows 10 computers with the latest Jaws update?

Thanks!

Tom Behler