moderated Re: Excel cannot be used with jaws2019, latest update

She said she was trying to create a spreadsheet and protected view really is only an issue with spreadsheets you open and which you received from somebody else via email or download.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel cannot be used with jaws2019, latest update

Hi Jessica. It sounds like the protected view may be turned on. You may want to see if that is the issue by going into your Excel options menu by pressing Alt plus the letter F followed by the letter T. Then move to the category that says trust center. Once you have located this category, use the tab key until you find an option that says Trust Center Settings. Press the space bar to activate the button.
You will land in another list of categories. Use the arrow keys to locate the protected view option. Then tab over and uncheck the three boxes there if they are checked. Once you have done this, tab to OK, and press Ok to get out of the options menu. I would then restart Excel and see if your spreadsheet works correctly. Hope this helps.

I live in Excel so to speak and there are no issues on any of my 4
work PC's or my laptop at home.
I also use Office 365 on Windows 10 PC's and with Jaws 2019, it's been
quite some time when there were really serious issues with Excel for me.
As Chris suggested, I would call FS Tech Support and see if they can
figure out what's different on your machine.