moderated Re: Excel cannot be used with jaws2019, latest update

Michael Mote

Hi Jessica. It sounds like the protected view may be turned on. You
may want to see if that is the issue by going into your Excel options
menu by pressing Alt plus the letter F followed by the letter T. Then
move to the category that says trust center. Once you have located
this category, use the tab key until you find an option that says
Trust Center Settings. Press the space bar to activate the button.
You will land in another list of categories. Use the arrow keys to
locate the protected view option. Then tab over and uncheck the three
boxes there if they are checked. Once you have done this, tab to OK,
and press Ok to get out of the options menu. I would then restart
Excel and see if your spreadsheet works correctly. Hope this helps.

I live in Excel so to speak and there are no issues on any of my 4 work PC's
or my laptop at home.
I also use Office 365 on Windows 10 PC's and with Jaws 2019, it's been quite
some time when there were really serious issues with Excel for me.
As Chris suggested, I would call FS Tech Support and see if they can figure
out what's different on your machine.