moderated Re: jaws quick / hot key

Dan Longmore

I have encountered a similar situation, and have found it is the fault of another program that is interacting with my assistive technology. May want to see what other programs you have running that could be causing the lack of desktop shortcut 

From: main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws quick / hot key

No.
But unless you are on my computer, the Jaws hotkey will launch Jaws if you have one set up.
Otherwise, you can press Windows-key, plus r for the run dialog, and type jaws2019 and hit enter.
None of my desktop shortcut keys work when I use Jaws 2019, but they work fine if I run Jaws 2018. Neither Microsoft or FS can explain that.
I've done repairs, uninstall and reinstall, with no change.
So, the run dialog has become my friend.
Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 8:22 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Can this also be toggled to turn back on?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws quick / hot key

insert-f4 will do the exit of Jaws.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for my constant inquiries but is there a short cut for turning jaws on and off? Something more quick than alt tabbing to jaws and hitting alt F4?

Thanks

Rick

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.