moderated Re: jaws quick / hot key
Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Rick. In case all you want to do is to mute speech instead of unloading JAWS entirely, try the following,
1. Open Settings Center with INSERT plus six on numbers row.
2. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus D to load Default JAWS configuration.
3. In the search field, type
4. Arrow down to Less Speech Options.
5. Press SPACE BAR to toggle speech from Speech On Demand to Mute Speech.
6. TAB to OK, and press ENTER to save settings.
7. Now, INSERT plus SPACE, followed by S will mute speech instead of setting it to Speech On Demand.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:10 AM
Subject: jaws quick / hot key
Sorry for my constant inquiries but is there a short cut for turning jaws on and off? Something more quick than alt tabbing to jaws and hitting alt F4?