moderated Re: jaws quick / hot key

Rick Mladek

Thanks bunches…

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws quick / hot key

And if you use Jaws 2019 you can now specify in Options > Basic if you want to get the prompt whether you really want to exit Jaws. If you don’t want it then pressing Jaws Key + F4 simply unloads Jaws and that is that.

You can make a keyboard shortcut to reload Jaws, go to the Jaws icon on the desktop and press Alt + Enter for the properties:

1. Tab twice and you hear “Shortcut key: Hot key, None

2. Press a key combination you want to use, I recommend Control + Shift + J since it’s easy to press and easy to remember

3. Tab to OK and activate it. You maybe be prompted to continue with administrator rights, but once done if Jaws is unloaded pressing Control + Shift + J will start it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:22 AM

Can this also be toggled to turn back on?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:14 AM

insert-f4 will do the exit of Jaws.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for my constant inquiries but is there a short cut for turning jaws on and off? Something more quick than alt tabbing to jaws and hitting alt F4?

Thanks

Rick

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.