moderated Re: JAWS stops speaking

Have you done a repair on Jaws? If that doesn't help I'd uninstall it completely and reinstall it. Also, there was a small update to Jaws 2018 recently, did you install it?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:51 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS stops speaking

Hi all,

I'm running JAWS 2018 on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. This is one of two identical machines I have for work.

The machine used to work fine. However, JAWS now stops speaking after around 5 or 10 minutes of use. It is apparently still running, there are no errors and the laptop continues to function in all other respects.

If I close JAWS and reload it, it speaks again until it stops after another 5 or 10 minutes.

I have restarted several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The issue does not occur on the other machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Ed